Boxing, perhaps more so than any other endeavor of sporting prowess, is capable of creating brand names that morph into being almost inseparable from each other through the shared pain, character exposing & right of passage that a truly great prizefight can uncover. Here I take a look back at the very best dance partners in the history of the sport of boxing – names that seamlessly became intwertwined under the strain of repeated clashes in each participants path toward immortality in the hearts & minds of lovers of the sport.
12. Aaron Pryor vs. Alexis Arguello
11. Israel Vazquez vs. Rafael Marquez
10. Marco Antonio Barrera vs. Erik Morales
9. Chris Eubank vs Nigel Benn
8. Ted “Kid” Lewis vs. Jack Britton
7. Floyd Patterson vs Ingemar Johansson
6. Tony Zale vs. Rocky Graziano
5. Arturo Gatti vs. Micky Ward
4. Willie Pep vs Sandy Saddler
3. Joe Louis vs Max Schmeling
2. Sugar Ray Robinson vs. Jake LaMotta
1. Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier
Matt Hamilton, for ESNewsReporting!